Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fittings, Hair and Make-Up and Relaxation

Well, before I go into any of the details of this week, I must say that I had the BEST massage I've ever had in my whole life this evening at The Massage Arts Center in Philadelphia. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. I had a 60 minute full body and facial massage for just $40 and it truly was the best massage ever! I have this heinous sunburn on my shoulder and neck from my maid of honor's graduation on Tuesday and this girl was able to massage right over it without so much as a tinge of pain. I know where I'm going for my two-days-before-my-wedding-and-I'm-going-crazy-massage! Check out their website http://www.massagearts.com/

Okay, enough about my fab massage and onto the wedding details of this week. FINALLY! After much searching I have located and booked a hair and make-up artist for my bridesmaids and my mom. I swear this has been the most stressful part of wedding planning thus far. I found someone very early on that quoted us great prices and I thought we were all set to go, but when I sent her the details on who was getting what services, she had booked another bride for my date. Boo! So then I set out to find another on-site artist with comparable prices and that's where the trouble began. It's INSANE how much people want to charge for on-site hair and make-up services. But, with some help from my bridesmaid Melissa, I was able to locate Just Teasing in Easton, PA. The reviews look good online and her prices can't be beat. I'm waiting to receive the contract in the mail and it will be one more thing to check off the list! And, for those of you who have or are using theknot.com, that checklist is crazy long, isn't it??

In addition to booking hair and make-up, I'm also finalizing the plans for the flowers. I'm lucky enough to have a cousin that does beautiful floral arrangements and she's going to help us put together the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces for the wedding. We're going with orange calla lilies and asiatic lilies and picasso calla lilies. I can't wait to get everything put together with the fabric Landry's mom bought for us. It's going to be great!

Finally, saving the best for last, I had my first dress fitting this week! It was the most surreal experience ever. I felt like I was trying on this pretty white dress that belonged to someone else. The whole time I was in the dress shop it never dawned on me that I was wearing MY wedding dress. I feel a little guilty because I wasn't acting super crazy and excited like you see those girls on "Say Yes to the Dress." My mom asked me if I loved it and I gave this dazed, half sincere yes. So weird! It's not that I don't love my dress, because I absolutely do, but it didn't hit me until I was walking home from work last night that I have a wedding dress! I'm posting some teaser pics here, blurred and super close up for a reason, but obviously I can't post the whole dress! Oh, and the best part, I don't even need alterations right now! The dress fits me to a T, just as it is. Once I get my shoes from my super fabulous friend Anisa in India I may not even have to get it hemmed! Wouldn't that be a great save!

More to come soon....meetings coming up with cake bakers and DJs and the invites are going out in just over a week. Oh! And, maybe the best news of all, Landry will be home in less than a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment